While on campus: If your university already has streaming access set up, the streaming player on the film page will automatically open in play mode when you visit the page. Once you click the play button on top of the film frame, the film will begin playing.
While off-campus: Films on Film Platform can also be streamed while you’re off-campus. You must first log into your university’s proxy or off-campus server, as you might when accessing academic articles remotely. Once logged in, our streaming player in the film page will automatically open in play mode.
- Accessing a film page without an active license or account on Film Platform will show an option to purchase one below the player section.
- If you do have an account, but the IP address you are coming from is not authenticated, you will be taken to a Login page after you press the play button. There you could search for your university or college among those already set up.
- Your IP might be unidentified for a number of reasons:
- if you are not yet logged into your proxy or remote access server while being off campus;
- if you are coming from an unauthenticated IP, i.e., not part of the range of IP addresses registered with your university’s account; or
- if your school does not have an active streaming license set up for this film.