It is very important for us to ensure that the privacy and rights of our site users are protected and respected at all times.
Here we outline the ways in which we use your information and how we safeguard and protect your information.
your rights relating to your information and information security, you may contact us:
Please note that if you contact us, we may need to confirm your identity before responding to your request or query.
What details are you sharing with Film Platform?
We will receive, collect, process, use, “sell” (share), and store (“process”) the following information about you when you submit an inquiry on our Website, place an order with us, arrange a trial of our streaming service, register to campaigns or events, set up a user account to, among other things, allow you to create shareable bookmarks and playlists and participate in on-site discussions, and sign-up to our newsletter or blog and forum:
- Identifiers/contact information – full name, address, email address, account name;
- Other personal information – phone number, billing address, employment or education information;
- Demographic information – your age, gender, race, and ethnicity;
- Commercial information – transaction information and purchase history;
- Professional or employment-related information– name of organization, type of organization, and position.
We will also process the following information about you during your Use of the Website:
- Identifiers/contact information – IP address, cookie ID, device ID number and an ID number assigned to your account;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information – browsing activity and habits, browser type and browser language, offers and services that interested you, usage data, information and advertisements you have viewed, web pages you have browsed, device type and settings, language and browser type and fields of interest you have indicated;
- Geolocation – IP device location;
- Inferences drawn from any of the above personal information – about your preferences, predispositions, interests and behavior as they relate to the Website.
How do we use the information that you provide us with?
Your information is used for the following purposes:
- Communicating with our site users;
- Responding to specific requests;
- Processing payments made on our Website;
- Enabling you to use specific features on our Website (such as, creating playlists and creating bookmarks to share with other users or for yourself);
- Crediting you for any comments you leave on our Website pages;
- Sending you newsletters, updates, direct mail, marketing information, advertisements, and promotional offers that may be of interest to you;
- Personalizing your user experience (for example, only showing you film results which are available in your territory);
- Notifying you of important changes that might affect your experience of our services (eg if your streaming license for a particular film is about to expire);
- Analysis purposes, monitoring, managing, segmentation, and improvement of our services.
Storing and processing all the above information about you is based on the need to enable you to Use the Website and to provide you with our services, to monitor or enforce compliance with our policies and applicable law, at your consent, or on the basis of our legitimate interests in operating the Website.
What other information is recorded by our site?
Some information regarding our clients and users is recorded automatically when they use our site. Our website uses “cookies”, pixels, “web beacons” and other systems that collect information and monitor the Use of the Website, including, among other things, allowing us to see your IP address and the location from which you are accessing the Website pages. In fact, this information allows us to instantly authenticate our site visitors and give them streaming access to all of the titles which they are authorized to view.
“Cookies” are strings of letters and numbers that are stored in the computer's memory (or device) which allows us to store information about you. Some cookies will expire when you finish browsing and close your browser software, and others will be saved in your computer (or device) memory.
The cookies contain information about your browsing habits, the pages you have visited, the length of time you spent on the Website, where you came from to the Website, sections, and information you wish to see when entering the Website, monitoring your browsing and activity habits, details of your ISP, IP address, device location, and more.
The cookies are used for various purposes, such as: gathering statistics; verifying details; adjusting the site to your personal preferences; monitoring browsing habits and activities; browsing history; characterizing your usage of the Website; improving the service and user experience; advertising and marketing tailored to your preferences; and information security.
Some cookies are necessary for the proper operation of the Website, some are used for control, evaluation, and analysis purposes, and some are used to personalize the marketing content displayed to you.
Disabling or deleting cookies
You can disable or delete cookies by changing the settings on your internet browser. Disabling cookies may harm your ability to Use the Website and the quality of your browsing experience.
For more details about cookies, and the different options available for disabling or deleting cookies, please refer to the instructions in the browser you are operating to Use the Website, including:
Google Chrome browser:
Microsoft Internet Explorer browser:
Apple Safari browser:
Cookie settings on the Website
You can select the types of cookies that will be activated when you Use the Website and those cookies that you do not accept.
Other Systems That Operate On The Website
Other systems operate on the Website which collect information about users of the Website and monitor their activities, and some of them also help manage your access on our Website including: pixels, “web beacons” and other means. These tools monitor website usage, scope of use, frequency of use, access sources, and other details.
The information collected through these tools is designed to tailor the content of the Website displayed to you as per your preferences and fields of interest, as well as for the purposes of analyzing, managing, and improving your experience when using the Website, segmenting research and monitoring.
One of the systems that operate on the Website is the Google Analytics system, which collects information about users' surfing habits. For more details on this system, please see these links:
How does our site keep your information private?
All information regarding our clients is stored securely.
We invest a lot of effort to protect information and implement various information security systems and procedures. However, our protection and information security systems are not completely protected against all unauthorized penetrations or access, and they do not provide absolute protection. We assume no liability or responsibility for any damage you may incur as a result of such penetration, unauthorized use, or theft of information from our databases or the Website.
Any use of the Internet could expose you to a variety of dangers associated with using the Internet, such as, computer or mobile phone penetration, viruses, malware, etc. Use of the Website is under your sole responsibility. We recommend that you install adequate security software and security means before using the Internet.
You agree that we assume no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage of any kind caused to you or anyone on your behalf by Using the Website, if any information about you is lost, disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or is used without permission.
Do we share your information with third parties?
Your information will be shared with third parties (as detailed below) in the country in which you reside and abroad (including to servers in a cloud) as follows:
- We share your information with our content partners, affiliates, suppliers, service providers, clearing companies, advisors, and consultants;
- Any legal requirements to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process. Additionally, any circumstances involving potential illegal activities, including suspected fraud, any possible threats to an individual’s physical safety, or violations of our Terms of Service, which might require us to exercise our legal rights.
Information aggregated from your interactions with our Website might be shared with reputable and relevant third parties. This information would be amalgamated from general data relating to sales figures, website traffic, viewing statics, and customer preferences. Such information would only be shared with a view to allowing us to improve and augment the services we provide our users, with solutions that are carefully adapted to your needs.
Do we transfer data abroad?
Until when will we keep your information?
What are your rights in the information?
You have the following rights about your information:
- The right to review the information – you are entitled to review information that was processed about you, that is stored in our databases, and which is identified and associated with you. It is not possible to review information which is not identified and associated with you.
- The right to amend information – if you find that the information stored about you is not correct, complete, clear or up-to-date, you may contact us by submitting a detailed request to amend or delete the information.
To exercise these rights, please contact us by using the contact information provided above. We will review your application and respond according to the timeframes prescribed by applicable law.
- The right to withdraw consent – you are entitled, at any time, to withdraw your consent to receive direct mail by contacting us with an appropriate request. For additional details, see the section on direct mail and advertising notifications in the Terms of Service.
- Additional rights regarding information – you may be entitled to additional rights regarding the information: rights to have your information erased; rights to limit and stop the processing of information; rights regarding the transfer of information to other persons; rights to opt-out of any sale of personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.
Version1.1, updated 05/18/2022